Proven to Boost Scores up to 74%
Results from a blind study led by former U.S. Asst Secretary of Education
Reading, Science, History, Music, Art, Vocabulary, Games & Stories
New Study Shows Homer Nearly Doubles Reading Scores*
In a recent study conducted by the former US Assistant Secretary of Education, students who used Homer for 15 minutes a day over a 6-week period nearly doubled their scores on the TOPEL (Test of Preschool Early Literacy), a leading predictor of future reading and academic success.
The Homer Method:
A Step-By-Step Learn to Read Program That Really Works
Learning is a Science.
We’ve Done the Research.
22 levels. Over 1,000 lessons and activities. The most comprehensive, best-in-class literacy program on iPad for ages 3-8.
We’ve brought together the best research about how children learn to read and designed a program that grows with them. We start with the basics—sounds and letters—then guide children along a personalized path to mastery. Our rich library of stories and folktales, science and history adventures, songs and rhymes, all reinforce Learn with Homer’s core reading program.
Over 1 million children around the world are building competence and confidence with Learn with Homer. Join Homer and give your child the very best start on the path to true literacy.
Don’t Take Our Word For it. See What Our Fans Have to Say.
Learn to Read
A Learn-to-Read Method Proven to Get Your Child Ahead
- Phonemic Awareness
- General Knowledge
- Reading Comprehension
- End-of-Lesson Quizzes
- 100s of Step-by-Step Lessons
- New Lessons Added Every Month
Learning to read is the most important thing a child will learn to do. Children who read well by 3rd grade do better in school—and even after—than children who don't master the basics early. Give your little one confidence. Give yourself peace of mind. Homer’s proven phonics method boosts reading ability by guiding children on a step-by-step path to learning success.
Discover the World
Learning through Adventures
- Over 70 lessons teach more than 300 vocabulary words in context
- Children build knowledge and deep understanding of complex subjects
- Science and history lessons mirror top elementary programs
- Assessments at the end of each lesson ensure mastery
- Creative prompts encourage real-world use of vocabulary
With over 70 lessons that develop vocabulary and knowledge of science, history, and art, exploring the world has never been so much fun.
Adventures in History
History, Geography, and Biographies Build Big Brains!
- Dozens of important places and people
- Fun facts that get children ready for Kindergarten and 1st grade
- Customs, traditions and celebrations from across the globe
- Exclusive looks inside New York City’s American Museum of Natural History and Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
Your child will travel back in time—and across the globe—with Homer and friends. Learn more facts by exploring Ancient Worlds like Egypt, Greece and the Incan Civilization. Get to know great American Presidents like Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln. Learn about brave heroes and heroines who have changed the world.
Increase reading comprehension with 100s of read-aloud stories and early readers
- Just-right First Readers for beginning independent reading
- Dozens of classic fairytales, stories, folktales, fables, nursery rhymes and songs
- Original read-along stories featuring Homer and Friends
- Delightful songs that teach the alphabet, rhyming and other critical skills
With a robust library including folktales, fairytales, original stories, and first readers, you’ll have trouble pulling your child away from their next reading adventure.
Exclusive Extras from Learn with Homer
Keep on learning with our printed projects
- Practice fine motor skills, including tracing and handwriting
- Practice writing and composing stories
- Great weekend craft projects
- Coloring book pages
- Mazes and puzzles
Always innovative, always fresh
We’re constantly adding new activities, songs, games, and lessons. Your child will never run out of educational and amusing activities.
It’s easy to see how much your child has learned
With our Parent Dashboard, you can always see just how much your child has grown. Track your child’s progress, review lessons, and reward your child for their hard work.
Building our youngest readers’ confidence
If your child hasn’t started reading yet, Learn with Homer will teach them to begin reading for pleasure and fluency. Once they’re ready, we have just the right level of guided reading and content to lead them to the next exciting step on their journey to deep literacy.
Start Your 30 Day Free Trial Now
Music and Rhymes
Building literacy through music
- Wide variety of songs, nursery rhymes, and classic melodies
- Children learn correct pronunciation and timing
- Our Connected Learning focus links vocabulary between music and other lessons
Dozens of songs and rhymes from around the world expose your child to different cultures and to the rhythm and poetry of words.
Encouraging creativity and self-expression
- Easy to use for kids of all ages
- Unique drawing tools teach color and design
- Parents can easily share with grandparents and other family and friends
Every 3 seconds, a child somewhere in the world is using Homer’s creative tools to explore what they have learned. Parents can view their child’s work and even share their masterpieces with friends and family.