Back-to-School Giveaway Terms & Conditions
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
2. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Giveaway is HOMER (“Sponsor“), This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ or Twitter (the “Social Media Channels”). You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of communications from Sponsor. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion should be directed to HOMER.
3. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway begins at 10:00 AM EST on August 28, 2020 and ends at 11:59 pm EDT on September 15, 2020 (“End Date”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Giveaway is open only to residents of the 50 United States of America or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of their time of entry. Employees and agents, including their family (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of their household (whether or not related), of Sponsor and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, distributors, divisions, agencies or of any related entity, including any consultants to Sponsor, are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway.
5. PRIZES: One (1) Mail Adventure Kit with a value of $24.99. The first twenty (20) entries will be selected as winners at the end of the Giveaway.
6. ODDS: The odds of winning depend upon being one of the first 20 people to enter.
7. HOW TO ENTER: Enter through HOMER’s Instagram by sharing a photo of your child completing one of the back-to-school activities @learnwithhomer and filling out the entry for. (2) All entries must be received by the End Date. Limit one entry per household.
8. WINNER SELECTION: The winners will be determined by the first twenty (20) entries by Sponsor from among all eligible entries. All results of the selections are final and binding, subject to these Official Rules. In the event a winning entry is discovered to be invalid for any reason whatsoever or the person who submitted the winning entry fails to comply with these Official Rules prior to delivery of the prize, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner. If by reason of a printing, computer or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a computerized random selection to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
9. NOTICE TO WINNER: Winners must provide their email and postal addresses to Sponsor via the entry form. If unable to make contact with the Winner within seven (7) days after Sponsor first attempts to notify the Winner, or if the Winner fails to claim the Prize within seven (7) days after Sponsor first attempts to notify the Prize Winner, the Prize maybe forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner. All federal, state and local taxes and fees, as well as any other expenses not specified herein, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. Sponsor is not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, including any which may affect your entry or the Giveaway. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, late or illegible entries. Entries not in compliance with these Official Rules are disqualified. Sponsor shall have the absolute right to determine if an entry is in compliance with these official rules without notice to the person attempting to enter.
11. By entering the Giveaway, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Giveaway. Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers from any liability arising from or related to the Giveaway, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of the prize or any item redeemed therewith, (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this
Giveaway, or the prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Giveaway or modify these Official Rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify from the Giveaway, and ban from any future promotions, any person it believes to have intentionally violated these Official Rules or tampered with any element of the Giveaway without notice to the disqualified or banned person. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this contest shall be governed and construed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of laws; and (2) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.